Come and join us as a Volunteer Intern
We are seeking a motivated and resourceful volunteer intern to support the delivery of CRAE’s annual flagship publication ‘State of Children’s Rights in England 2017’ which assesses the UK Government’s implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and its launch in parliament in December 2017.
Volunteering for us will give you the opportunity to be part of a passionate and fast paced policy team that works at both a national and international level to secure political change to children’s rights. You do not need to have prior experience in a political field to take on this opportunity. However, a strong commitment to the full realisation of children’s rights and interest in social policy is essential.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- gain experience in the development of children’s rights policy at a national charity
- develop a solid understanding of the issues affecting children’s rights
- gain experience writing reports and for a website
- develop desk research and analytical skills
- get involved in organising meetings and parliamentary events
- gain experience of using social media for policy campaigns
We value all our volunteers and want to support them to develop as individuals, as well as valued team members. Volunteers for Just for Kids Law will have the opportunity to undertake a wide range of tasks and to develop work experience by having responsibility for specific projects which match their interests and skills set.
To apply for this role you will need:
- A passionate belief in children’s rights and interest in social policy issues
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time keeping and excellent reliability
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- Good analytical skills
- Some experience of conducting desk research and organising events would be helpful
- Some knowledge of the political process, children’s rights or social policy issues would be an advantage
The hours of this internship are entirely flexible, with changes to hours and days able to be made at anytime.
5 June 2017
6 months but flexible on individual.
Interviews will be held in mid June. Start date June/July.
None but travel within zones 1 – 6 and lunch expenses (max £5) are provided
2/3 days a week dependent on candidate’s wishes
Just for Kids Law, Unit 4D, Leroy House, 436 Essex Rd, London, N1 3QP
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to Natalie Williams, Senior Policy and Public Affairs Advisor NWilliams@crae.org.uk. If you would like to discuss the role, please call 0203 174 2279. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive and resource capacity we will only contact candidates that are shortlisted for interview.