Children and Families Bill - House of Lords Second Reading Briefing
Briefing from the Alliance for Reform of the Children's Commissioner for the Second Reading of the Children and Families Bill in the House of Lords. The briefing calls for reforms to the Office of the Children's Commissioner (OCCE) to be further strengthened to ensure that the OCCE has the sufficient functions, powers and independence to effectively promote children’s rights. It recommends:
- Enhancing the independence of the OCCE
- Extending the definition of vulnerable children
- Strenthening the powers and functions of the Children's Commissioner
- Strengthening the involvement of children in the work of the OCCE
- A children's rights duty for public bodies
The briefing is supported by Action for Children, British Youth Council, Children England, Children’s Rights Alliance for England, The Children’s Society, National Children's Bureau, NSPCC, Save the Children and UNICEF UK.
Download this resource.