CRAE has submitted evidence to the UN Human Rights Committee as part of its examination of the UK under the UN Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. By submitting evidence, we hope to ensure that the extent to which this treaty is realised for children is fully scrutinised. Topics raised in our submission include:
- Wide-spread discrimination faced by Black children and Gypsy, Roma and Traveller children
- Police use of force
- Treatment of children in prison, including use of isolation
- Regression on the right to protest
- Severe regression on the rights of refugee children
- Lack of progress in outlawing corporal punishment
The UK examination will take place in Geneva on March 12th, 2024. Watch this space for further information about this process.
Read the submission below.